This position is responsible for achieving individual sales quota by selling the suite of IGDS solutions within a defined vertical segment of the Iron Mountain customer base in Canada. Key responsibilities include prospecting, networking and executing on marketing initiatives to build an opportunity pipeline that supports meeting and exceeding revenue targets. The solution offerings this consultative selling position represents includes digital transformation (DX), workflow, and BPO solutions along with Iron Mountain Information Governance (IG) solutions consisting of our Policy Center/Global Research Service, Content Classification, IG Advisory Services solutions, Onsite Staffing/Outsourcing and IG technology.
The SDE will proactively manage an account portfolio comprised of named Iron Mountain IMGAs (Customers) within a defined vertical market segment in Canada. Focus within these assigned IMGAs is on new opportunity identification, upsell execution, sales cycle management, and the overall customer relationship.
This position is identified as the “go-to” IGDS subject matter expert within the IRM sales organization and will team with other customer-facing team members (Consulting Program Managers, Business Development Executives and Customer Development Executives) to deliver Iron Mountain’s IG, DX, and workflow solutions to senior-level business stakeholders.
• Assesses prospective and assigned customer’s current and potential needs, determining appropriate new revenue streams for Iron Mountain’s Information Governance and Digital Solutions offerings.
• Develops and implements strategies and business plans through understanding the customers; business model, planning and decision making channels from understanding the customer's value proposition and ability to explain how they differentiate themselves in the marketplace.
• Positions and illustrates alternative ways of creating the real value of IRM’s IGDS solution offerings for customers through assessing their problems or opportunities and highlighting IRM’s areas of strength, competitive pricing, customer satisfaction and competitive advantages within each existing and net new accounts.
• Actively participates in marketing campaign initiatives in demand and field program execution.
• Effective internal teaming with Business Development Executives (BDEs), Customer Development Executives (CDEs), Consulting Program Managers/SMEs to deliver our value proposition and drive IG, Digital solutions and core storage and service revenue growth.
• Support account planning and strategy development with key internal team members.
• Responsible for pipeline development and bookings within your respective territory and/or assigned account portfolio.
• Achievement of assigned IG sales quota as well as contribution towards overall team booking target.
• Activities to support pipeline and account activity including managing timely detailed responses to RFP’s.
• Responsible for timely, complete, and accurate input and management of Saleforce.com opportunity information.
• Responsible for final opportunity profitability through leading negotiation process and ensuring an acceptable on-time outcome from a pricing, profitability, liability, operational, and SLA perspective for accounts to meet and exceed quota attainment. This is facilitated in conjunction with CPO, Legal and market VPs/Directors when needed.
• Successful experience in working with customers to influence RFP development so their solution offering is best positioned to win. The SDE will also have strong proposal writing experience and be able to lead a proposal response team when needed.
• Activity within industry associations in the market to increase IM awareness, through attending tradeshows, reviewing whitepapers and keep current within market trends.
• Candidates must have a strong background and knowledge of information governance, electronic content management, business process / workflow enablement and outsourcing, document and information capture, strategic account management, sales process and solution selling.
• Minimum of 10 years of direct sales experience in large, complex services based organizations.
• Must have the proven ability to translate the customer need(s) into solution requirements through creating powerful value propositions and negotiation skills.
• Have the ability to influence and negotiate through proven sales skills and needs identification by aligning unique insights to key customer priorities.
• Must exhibit excellent written, oral and presentation skills and in-depth understanding of strategic selling methodologies.
• Encompasses strong interpersonal, planning, analytical skills and business acumen for effective decision making.
• Candidates should be able to make business decisions and think in broad terms, considering the impact to the entire company.
• Ability to influence without authority and team effectively at all levels of IRM and customer personnel (to include c-level) on a wide range of topics and issues.
• Strong BPO/Document Management and IG domain knowledge and associated market vertical and technology experience.
• Professional Services/Consulting professional with 10+ years of direct selling experience to executive-level buyers.
• Experience selling into Fortune 1000 companies in highly regulated industries.
• Demonstrated success in selling technology solutions to senior level executives.
• Excellent communication, teaming and presentation skills.
• Strong business acumen and account planning skills.
• Minimum of four-year college degree; Masters degree preferred
• Experienced meeting or exceeding multimillion-dollar quota goals
• Knowledge of Enterprise Content Management, BPO, Workflow, Document Management digitization solutions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Work and PowerPoint
• Prior experience using Salesforce.Com CRM