The Records Manager is responsible for the effective and appropriate management of the records management program for the customer by retaining and developing relationships within assigned business units, as well as managing relationships and associated tasks across multiple geographic areas. The records manager will provide records management expertise to assist the customer in continuing to mature their information management capabilities. The records manager facilitates the maintenance of the record retention schedule. Will also adhere to the change management process and schedules. The records manager will be expected to make and document suggestions for improvement. Manages, controls and directs active records systems and centers; records organization and evaluation; inactive records centers. Provides expertise and input into other functional areas which affect the recorded information of the organization.
The scope of this position includes responsibility for the following records management activities: facilitate change management, oversee and maintain records retention schedules, monitor policies, procedures, and legislation, implement and enforce records retention policies and procedures, recommending improvements as appropriate, provide training, provide periodic reporting. Building positive and long-term relationships will be critical to the success of the records manager.
I. Essential/Key Areas of Responsibility
1) Assumes responsibility for the records management program compliance.
- Creates implements and maintains records management program policies and procedures.
- Oversees and supervises Records Analyst, Records Supervisors.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities for the retention of information and records for assigned business units
- Identify non-participating entities, and work with business unit leadership to administer standard policy and program compliance
- Monitoring and keeping abreast of new product introductions, partnerships, acquisitions and re-engineering projects in order to ensure compliance
- Keeping informed of current laws and regulations that affect recordkeeping practices.
- Assumes responsibility for records management program implementation.
- Maintain records management processes and procedures.
- Facilitates and supports the maintenance of the Records Retention Schedule
- Implement records destruction process for Customer.
- Prepare, conduct and support Customer’ Records Management standardized records management training program.
- Assumes responsibility for records management program administration and coordination.
- Complete operational project outlines for the Customer.
- Coordinate research, data collection and report generation to proactively support Customer.
- Drive overall program improvements for the customer.
- Provide records analysis and project management support.
- Managing and overseeing offsite records storage
- Assumes responsibility for communication.
- Day to day internal service-level management of Customer business units, including account communication and ongoing problem resolution.
- Proactively communicate with Customer end users via email, phone calls, visits, and follow up meetings
- Create and distribute communications for change to Customer business units
- Proactively communicate with Customer key contacts regarding overall program management.
- Interpret and respond timely to service issues.
- Assume responsibility for electronic records management system.
- Establish objectives and collaborate with IT to meet requirements related to the management of repositories and other information assets.
- Implement systems in compliance with RIM requirements based on an organizational needs analysis.
- Identify emerging technologies and trends to manage information assets.
- Collaborate with IT to define and address the incorporation of lifecycle management requirements into information management systems design.
- Improvement in compliance with their records retention policy.
- Good coordination and effective working relations with other departments and managers.
- Ability to work within the organizational structure.
II. Essential Job Functions
|A. Create, implement and maintain records management program policies and procedures.
|B. Identify process improvements and best practices for a compliant records management program.
|C. Build external and internal relationships
|D. Coordinate reporting of new program management metrics.
III. Educational & Experience Requirements
Minimum Education Requirements:
BA or BS Degree or equivalent experience
Certification in Records (CRM) Desired or 5 Years experience in a Records Management position.